Welcome to the RGS Live Replay! I apologize for the technical problems we had at the beginning of the session, but once they were quickly resolved we got right into all of the
questions you all had. We talked about playing barre chords properly, some guitar theory topics like the key of a song and why the I-IV-V are Major, how to use a capo, and also about my Beginner Spanish Guitar course launching soon!
We hope to see you again next month on Thursday August 3rd, same time same place (12 pm PDT/ 3 pm PDT). Click here to bookmark that next live session!
- What Good Is The Circle Of 5ths? (Member)
- Common Chord Progressions (Member)
- Common Chord Pattern I – IV – V (Member)
- How Daily Practice Sessions work
- The “Why” of Daily Practice Sessions (Step-By-Step vs Immersion)
- How to Use the Circle of 5ths
- What Does the “Key” of a Song Mean?
Recommended Guitar Books:
Looking through my guitar theory books most are focused on electric guitar and improvising.
- Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask – This is a good general theory book for guitar.
- 100 Most Popular Songs for Fingerpicking Guitar: Solo Guitar Arrangements – A nice selection of popular songs for solo fingerstyle.
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time: Guitar Classics Volume 2 – A lot of good songs in one book.
- The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitarists – Really goes into depth about modes and answers a lot of theoretical questions.
- The Inner Game of Fingerstyle Guitar – I’m currently reading this. I’ll give a review when I’m done.
- Ted Greene — Chord Chemistry – This helped me increase my chord vocabulary. There may be better books for this now but it’s what I had at the time.
- Reading Studies for Guitar – This helped me learn to sight read standard notation on the guitar. Still a great series of exercises for anyone serious about reading music on guitar and willing to put in the regular practice.
Need Additional Help…
Get 14 Days FREE to RGS Academy: https://realguitarsuccess.com/