Thank you again to all of you who joined me for the latest RGS Live Session. I apologize for the technical difficulties I was experiencing at the start, but you stuck with me through it, and I appreciate it greatly!
Right out the gate I dove into the topic of thumb picks. As I mentioned in the video, if any of you have had any experience using them, I’d love to hear what your opinions are. Perhaps you have a favorite brand or type? Please feel free to share that with us all, perhaps by adding it to the comments.
Other points of interest we discussed were the differences between power chords and bar chords, are 7th chords considered major or minor in the circle of 5ths, how to form triads and what shapes they have, and much more!
Next months RGS Live Session #67 will be on Thursday February 2nd, at 12:00 pm PST/ 3:00 pm EST. You can access that session to bookmark it and add to your calendars here!
- Learn about chord theory here >> Learn more about triads and the skinny behind chord theory in this simple easy-to-follow post.
- Learn Power Chords in this Blog Post >> Ready to dive into Power Chords? They are a lot of fun to play, and are used in a lot of rock songs. Check out my blog post to learn more!
- Justin Guitar FREE Ear Training Course >> If you want a free introductory course on improving your Ear Training by Justin Guitar, check out the link below!
- Learning Guitar Left-Handed Blog Post >> Questions about playing guitar left-handed? Is there even such a thing? The answer may surprise you! Check out my blog article on this much discussed guitar topic
- Check out the 3rd Fretboard Adventure- By-Copy-Play Course on RGS (Member) >> Here’s a link to the By Copy Play course I mentioned in the session.
- 1st Fingerstyle Adventure Course on RGS (Member) >> An infinite amount of songs use fingerstyle technique, and most guitarists will have to play fingerstyle at some point. Check out my lesson in the link below to improve your fingerstyle abilities!
- Check out my Barre Chords For Everyone Course on RGS (Member) >> In my Barre Chords for Everyone course, you will build a solid foundation for barre chords. These are simple techniques in manageable chunks.
Need Additional Help…
Get 14 Days FREE to RGS Academy: https://realguitarsuccess.com/
Comments on RGS Live #66 Q&A | How To Use A Thumb Pick on Guitar
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Concerning thumb picks, you didn’t mention the Black Mountain thumb picks (https://blackmountainpicks.com/) which in my opinion are the best. They have a spring which connects the pick to the plastic ring so that it adjusts to any thumb size and fits snugly preventing it from falling off the thumb. Also unlike other picks which have tendency for the plastic to break at the point where the pick is attached to the thumb, it is unbreakable. I find that I can finger pick great with it and strum as smoothly with it as a regular flat pick. The only drawback is the price – around $7 a pick.
Thanks for adding this here. I had ordered them but they took longer to arrive. I received them after after the RGS Live. So far they are my favorites as well. I ordered a variety pack so I could try the different sizes.