Hi from South Florida

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Discussion

Alan Wayne
    Participant

Hi everyone, I am Alan Wayne, currently living in North Palm Beach, Florida.

One day, I was asked what I was doing, and sheepishly replied “playing air guitar ” I was told that I was terrible.

Armed with that knowledge, I got a guitar, and lessons. Being told I can’t do something, has been known to motivate me.

In fact it has been a long slow journey , and it was professionally confirmed- I am not suited for air guitar- I am however enjoying learning a little more each day on my old telecaster and newer acoustic .  Found that I really enjoy playing blues as I work towards my goal of bringing my guitar and story telling to hospitals and other facilities.

Professionally I coach grownups how to ask better questions for goal setting and problem solving.

What attracted me to Tomas was a tag line that said ”  guitar teacher for grown-ups”  . I was a grownup looking for a teacher. I also have a very short attention span.   Watching a lesson,   I actually felt that he understood what  I needed to learn and in a way that I could have fun as I progressed.

Wishing everyone well-

Alan

• Author
    Replies

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Allan,
    Welcome aboard. It’s great to read your story.
    Tomas

CletaMcD

Hey, Alan! Great to meet you.

Thanks for sharing your story and reasoning behind joining Tomas in your adventure.

It sounds like you’ve made good use of your time progressing in things you love to do.

I hope to catch up and keep up…enjoying and playing.  : }

Hailing from Bismarck ND,

Cleta

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi again Alan,

I’ve got a live training (as in live online) this Thursday. Hope you can make it.

https://realguitarsuccess.com/training/

Even if you don’t have questions now… sometimes listening to other people’s questions will help with things you didn’t know to ask. Also I have a presentation that your find very helpful in the beginning.

– Tomas

Alan Wayne

Tomas,

How do I connect for the live session this Thursday?

Hope that all is well on your end.

Warm regards,

Alan

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Alan,
    Thanks for asking.

The best way (because it will stay the same for future trainings) is to go to the Live Training page from the link in the sidebar, then click on the title of the current training on top.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIZFXmDNGxA

Tomas

Welcome Alan:
    I did know you had come over here or I forgot 🙂
    told you were awful ?
    You know…. some pros just don’t know what
    they’re doing.
    Live training I’ll be there also
    good luck
    Jack

Alan Wayne

Tomas,

Thank you for a wonderful lesson tonight.

I noticed that after following your suggestions as to technique for strumming and watching you,

I was able to maintain the same timing by copying your motion without looking at my guitar.

Definitely a win!

Warm regards,

Alan

Alan

for me, the time was perfect.