Hi from Blackpool UK

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Discussion

Terry
    Participant

Hi my name is Terry, I’m a new beginner and really looking forward to learning to play my new acoustic guitar.

• Author
    Replies

Welcome Terry. If you haven’t already you will find learning the guitar to be a challenge,

but a fun one. The system used here is self paced, has a good variety of topics to work on. And……. a real live instructor/ moderator who cares and will help you through the tough spots. We all have them. Welcome again and best wishes with you journey.

Jack

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Terry,

I made you a short video: https://www.loom.com/share/6558b112add04ff4b3a7221487013b44

Tomas

Terry

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the welcome video, i’m really enjoying the beginners course. I try to do about 20-30mins practice a day, naturally my fingertips are really sore but they seem to be getting used to pressing on the strings. My main issues are fouling other strings and changing chords but i’m sure this will improve the more I practice. I really like your teaching method, it makes me want to try harder.

Take care

Terry

Terry

Cheers Jack, really enjoying the course.

Tomas
    Administrator

Sounds like you have a good practice routine. The sore finger thing will go away if you’re consistent. You’ll have a lot more opportunities to work on changing chords as you progress through the lessons.

Keep up the good work Terry!