Hi everyone, I'm Adam (another Aussie!)

SIGNUP-main FREE-3 RGS Community Forums (Archive) Introduce Yourself… Hi everyone, I'm Adam (another Aussie!)

• Creator
    Discussion

adsy
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’m Adam and I live in Melbourne, Australia.  I have a Yamaha FG-800 Acoustic Guitar 🙂

I have been playing for about 5 months now and know most of the basic chords. I need more tutoring with some of the chord changes as well as strumming and barre chords.  I’m learning music theory too.  I was really happy with my progress after I completed the first few RGS beginners lessons recently; being taught the chord changes at the same time the chord fingering is really helpful to a beginner like me! Thank you Tomas 🙂

Good luck to everyone!

Kind regards,

Adam

• Author
    Replies

Tomas
    Administrator

Welcome Adam,

I’ve made you a short video: https://www.loom.com/share/6281ff5424174326a67d8bd7086e8033

Tomas

adsy

Thanks Tomas!

Hi Adam

I’m Jack from Arizona.

Good luck with the course Tomas has everything you are looking for

in your introduction. I’ve had very good luck here.

I see Tomas welcomed you so I won’t ask

How many Aussies fit here 🙂

Best of luck

Jack

adsy

Hi Jack, Thanks for your words of encouragement! I’m glad to hear of your success with RGS, how long have you been playing?

I’m sure I’m in the right place here at RGS, I’m learning so much every day 🙂

Have a good one,

Adam

Hi Adam You asked so I’ll tell you. I probably took guitar lessons before you were born. Then life happened (long story).

about fifteen years ago I got serious about classical guitar. I soon learned I was no good. Didn’t learn much music.

except ‘ You play it like this because that’s the way it is written!’ But a fellow student and I actually made a little money

playing backgound music ( He was even worse than I am) But, with two guitars any thing sounds good and

the audience isn’t listening anyway. got hurt.  had to layoff a couple of years. and then I found Tomas !

I’m still no good BUT I know more and I’m having fun.

Jack