Hi Everyone from Nashville!

• Creator
    Discussion

Tom Snider
    Participant

I’ve been playing guitar for a few years and am probably an advanced beginner.  I still have a lot to learn.  I’m lucky to be married to Sherri Mitchell-Snider, who signed up just before me, and we live near the incredible Nashville, TN.  She and I like to sing and play together.  We’ve been students of Tomas’s for about 3 years, and we’re looking forward to learning even more.  I’m also looking forward to joining a great community of people who love to play the guitar.

• Author
    Replies

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Tom … good name 🙂

I’m happy to see you here in the RGS 2.0 community. I look forward to supporting both you and Sherri.

Hey… let me know if you if you have some ideas for new lessons. I have a list of my own but I’d rather take requests.

Take care Tomas.

-Tomas

Alan Wayne

Hi Tom,

Alan Wayne from North Palm Beach, nice to meet you.

I also  have been a student of Tomas for about that long.

I am looking forward to being an active member of this group.

Warm  regards,

Alan

Tom Snider

Hi Tomas –

Thanks for the warm welcome — and thanks for being so responsive and helpful in the past.

OK, here’s a topic I have trouble with:  hitting the right string with the pick, for example when doing a “boom-chuck” strum and needing to hit the bass note with the pick.  Do you have something on that now?  If not, it’s a topic I’d like to see a lesson on.

Thanks!

— Tom

Tom Snider

Hi Wayne — let’s enjoy the journey together!

Hope it’s warmer in North Palm Beach than it is up here!

– Tom

Alan Wayne

Tom,

That sounds like a great idea.

I’m in!

Now for the weather, a leaf it appears just moved, so there is a hint of a breeze! 83 degrees today and beautiful. Although I really enjoy the real changes of season.

– Alan

Tomas
    Administrator

Hey Tom… sounds like the “Boom-Chicka” pattern. This lesson might help: http://www.tomasmichaud.com/country-guitar-strum/

If you are looking for something more or different I’d be glad to add it to my list of lessons to create. Let me know.

It would help by the way if you added this to the Lesson Request Section. That way others can comment also, and it will be easier to find.

Tomas