Hello from Rob

• Creator
    Discussion

Robert
    Participant

Hello, everyone. I’m Rob, coming to you from central IL.

I picked up bass guitar a little under a year ago to help provide some “oomf” to our music at my church. Bass has a very easy learning curve, so that’s been good, but I decided I would like to pick up acoustic both for the fun of it on its own and because I think it will make me a better bass player.

In terms of level, for acoustic guitar I’m very green… though I do understand some of the basics from bass experience.

Music-wise, I used to play trumpet in Jr. High and then did a bunch of singing in High School and since. I’ve run sound for many years, so I have a pretty good music ear. My music theory is a bit rough… but there are some good fundamentals stuff in there someplace. 🙂

I’d been trying a different service for learning primarily bass, and was starting to pivot to acoustic… but the teaching wasn’t really resonating. I came across Tomas’ videos on YouTube and his style really resonated with me. The teaching experience is immediately apparent and could immediately speak to a lot of my doubts and concerns, which was a real confidence booster.

The thought of being able to play proficiently is really exciting so I’m looking forward to the journey!

Rob

• Author
    Replies

Tomas
    Administrator

Welcome Rod… bass is cool 🙂