Hello from Capitola, CA

• Creator
    Discussion

Don
    Participant

Hi everyone! I look forward to meeting you all.

I started playing guitar about six months ago, and am absolutely hooked. I have learned a few songs via YouTube and playing with a friend, but want to learn more fundamentals so I can play cleaner and faster. I used to play drums a little in high school, and piano too. I can read music but very slowly.

My guitar is a Taylor GS Mini (acoustic) and I gravitate to finger style songs like Blackbird, Shape of My Heart and Babe I’m Gonna Leave You.

When I discovered Tomas’ videos on YouTube I realized I used to see him play in the SF Bay Area years ago an even bought a couple of his CDs (Passion Dance and I Must Be Dreaming).

Tomas, your teaching style really resonates with me and I can’t wait to take the lessons here!

• Author
    Replies

Don

Welcome ! I’ve been around here a few years.. I agree with you Tomas’ style is great and suits me just fine. I’m sur you will enjoy being here. By the way, I have a sister who has a house in Capitola. I’m from Albany then Napa and now AZ.

Jack

Laurlei

Hey Jack, were about in AZ. I’m in Phoenix.

Laurlei

Hi Don

I’m new to this site as well and am so glad I found it. I’ve been playing almost a year and enjoy fingerstyle as well.

Welcome

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Don. Great to see you here. Can you think of some of the other artists that you like?

Don

Hi All – thanks for the warm welcome!

@Tomas – I also like Flamenco guitar and really enjoyed your Spanish Guitar videos, and really like blues (Stevie Ray Vaughan style). I would like to learn some Beatles guitar songs too.

Colonel

Howdy!