SIGNUP-main FREE-2 › RGS Community Forums (Archive) › Help/General Discussion › Monthly Practice Plan › Reply To: Monthly Practice Plan
Very nice. I miss paper I use to do everything in notebooks. Perhaps I should again. My practice thing is not done yet I been trying to get the beginner stuff and bar chords out of the way as most of it I don’t need as I’m a returning player but I pick up small tips and tricks and also gets me to thinking and helps create new ideas and such.
For now I just have the following in notepadd++ on my pc and I also have a picture of the circle of 5ths with info wrote on it that I keep open on my second monitor.
I am missing alot of topics below and can mainly see that everything I do is coordination building and building strength and calluses and stuff.
I definitely need to get the plan completed lol… to fair it has only been 10 days I came back.
I am able to play alot so about 8 hours or more a day during most these 10 days has been doing guitar and music stuff. Which enabled me to have very hard calluses already on day 10 but I had to play through pain the first 7 days so was not easy. So thats my cruddy practice routine so far.
(I Warm Up)
1. Chromatic Scale up and down fretboard.
2. Major 7th Arpeggio Exercise up and down neck.
3. Ralph Machio classical piece from movie cross roads where they have guitar duel at end. Comprised of arpeggios that span entire neck. – note one of these years find out keys and type of arpeggios its built from. (play this 2-10 times a day its pretty advanced and I had to change and create some new portions as I only have 20 frets on Taylor acoustic not the 24 and one note at 30 that is in tab)
(II Learning Notes on Fretboard)
1. Six & 5th string focus
2. use five minute technique for each note between first and 12 fret up and down starting on six string. (currently on A,B,C)
(IV Bar Chords)
1. Power Chord Bar 6 & 5th string up and down neck to the octave. For Major, minor, 7th, and minor 7th
2. Lessons Song- Play-Along With “Loving The Change” very tough pace to make changes from open chord to bar chord.
(VI Right Hand Techniques)
no daily stuff on this I just been looking up stuff as I need it or get confused on something.
Learning House of Rising Sun to play and sing.