RGS Live June 2017 – Land Of Fingerstyle
Thank you everyone that joined me on the RGS2 live today.
After listening back to the recording I was disappointed with the sound quality. After doing some research I discovered the equipment I’m using works fine for voice… but not so much for music.
I’ve already purchased some new equipment and I should have it tested and working for the next event.
Outline of Recording
- 3 Styles of Fingerstyle
- Fingerpicking Patterns
- Classical Style
- Chord?Melody Fingerstyle
- Basic Technique
- Place fingers; pull into palm
- Thumb press down
- Basic exercise D – Cadd9 – G6/B
- Drop D Tuning
- Basic exercise D – Cadd9 – G6/B with Drop D
- Playing A Song Chord/Melody Style
- Amazing Grace Melody
- Chords for Drop D
- Chords and Melody together
1. When is the best time to introduce fingerstyle playing in the whole structured lesson format? – Steve
2. I really don’t have a specific question, just help getting the speed bumps that always seem to be in my way, so any words of advice would be helpful – Paul
Here’s the downloads that I talked about:
To help you practice placing your fingers properly and pulling them into your hand. Remember to go slow at first, and stay relaxed.
This is the same exercise with drop D tuning.
Here’s the Amazing Grace melody written out with notes and tablature. I’ve also written in the chords above the staff.
This includes diagrams of the chord forms in drop D tuning.
And finally here’s the entire song written out in notes and tabs.